“Orthodontics is the art of restoring a smile - we provide simple orthodontic treatment for cases that often do not require referral to a specialist orthodontist. Please contact us for more information.”
Orthodontics is a branch of dentistry that specialises in treating patients with improper positioning of teeth when the mouth is closed (malocclusion), which results in an improper bite.
At Dent1st we offer services for both children and adults.
The following early warning signs usually indicate that your child should see a Dent1st orthodontist and have an orthodontic exam:
- Early or late loss of teeth
- Difficulty in chewing or biting
- Mouth breathing
- Finger sucking or other oral habits
- Crowding, misplaced, or blocked-out teeth
- Jaws that shift, make sounds, protrude or retrude
- Speech difficulty
- Biting the cheek or into the roof of the mouth
- Protruding teeth
- Teeth that meet in an abnormal way or don’t meet at all
- Facial imbalance
- Grinding or clenching of teeth
We also offer a FREE consultation for Invisalign Treatments with Dr Adrian Tan only.
This consultation allows you to discuss treatment and what you hope to achieve, digital pictures taken but no x-rays.
It allows Dr Tan to discuss the case and see if Invisalign is an option, not every case can be treated.
What Are The Advantages Of Invisalign?
- Better Oral Health: Invisalign Aligners are removable so it's easier to clean your teeth.
- Smile With Confidence: Unlike traditional braces people won't realise your having orthodontic treatment.
- Removable: Got a special occasion. Easy. Just remove them and put them back once the event is over.
- Active Lifestyle: With Invisalign you won't have to worry about them interfering with your lifestyle.
- Comfortable: Worried about them being uncomfortable. Don't be.
- Less Visits To The Dentist: Potentially less need to visit your dentist visits required every 6-8 weeks. (Compared to 3 - 4 weeks with traditional braces..)